HELP!!! 2010 gtx215 crazy noise only while in water

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dataddress

i have no clue where to look anymore. was riding and it wouldnt go over 15mph. turned if off and when it came back on had what seemed to be full power. rode fine for the rest of the day. the next weekend my son took it out and when it was put in the water, it made an awful screech. put it on the lift to check it out and it seemed to run fine out of the water. dropped the lift into the water and the noise started back. the dealership said it needed a wear ring. so we put one in as well as changed the oil and plugs. fired up and sounded normal, out of the water. we put it on the trailer and back it into the water. same screech when it his water. we left it running and backed the trailer in and out of the water. it was like a light switch. as soon as pump got in water it made the noise and as soon as it was pulled out it quit. done this several times. its def only a problem when in the water. what could it be?

Where is the noise coming from? Sounds like a pump issue to me. Bearings!!! Did you remove the pump cone yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back