<help>1998 Speedster No power to ignition or gauges

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

SBininger

Okay need someone knowledgeable in the 98 Speedster MPEM/electronics area. I have a 98 Speedster that I am unable to start. Discovered there is no power coming out of the 5amp fuses on the MPEM for the gauges and ignition. I was told a new MPEM was needed (by an inexperienced friend). I spent 1200 on another MPEM and the same issue. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I tried a new DESS post but still have no power.

I checked all the fuses I can think of.
The battery is fully charged.

They're are a bunch of fuses hanging in the starboard side by the engines, did you check all those?

Do you have all the grounds hooked up. I know in my 99 there are 4 total, iirc. Getting ready to pull the exhausts off here shortly, I can confirm if needed.

I'm assuming it's like my 99 speedster.I know I have 2 small grounds if they're not hooked up I get nothing

Just curious what happens if you disconnect the voltage regulators on the engines?

They look like this:
BJMOTO-Motorcycle-Metal-Voltage-Regulator-Rectifier-For-Sea-Doo-Challenger-720-GS-720-GSI-720-...jpg

Well just had my Covid test, since my wife and kid both are positive, so I am off work until the results come in, Guess I will have plenty of time to work on it :-(
If anyone has ideas please let me know.

Jumping into this if that is ok as i am having a similar issue. My 99 speedster sk did not start this year but I changed the fuse for the module and it started. Ran for about 5start and stops over 2 days and then stopped. It got a double beep but then when I hit the start it did an all stop and has not started again. It seems that the gauges and module associated with BF1 are no working but all items in BF2 are fine. Battery is fully charged. Any thoughts?

2012 Speedster 150: Does anyone have photos of where these 4grounds are? We just too ours out of storage, put new battery in and nothing. Battery is hooked up correctly. I'll check them. TIA

2012 Speedster 150: Does anyone have photos of where these 4grounds are? We just too ours out of storage, put new battery in and nothing. Battery is hooked up correctly. I'll check them. TIA
You need to start a new thread in the 4-Tec Boat section please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back