Hello from Fairbanks Alaska

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

AKnarrowback

Hello!

New to the forum, familiar with older Doo's, not familiar with the newer stuff.

I worked at the local Ski-Doo dealer from late 89 to around 95. I did most of the new sale set up's and service work. I have never owned a Sea-Doo (that i kept and rode) until this summer when my Son inhereted a 94 SP (running because i rebuilt it 22 years ago) and I inhereted a 94 XP (pump and motor shot because someone else didn't know how to rebuild). The XP has a fresh crank, fresh pistons and a fresh pump rebuild and a custom "gorilla tape" seat cover (acceptable in AK).

Anyhow, after working on them for years, racking up hundreds of hours of ride time every year and never actually owning one I'm excited to not only have one, but my Son does as well. Two units I set up out of the crate are sitting in my garage in perfect running condition. I don't have to worry about getting that first scratch in them because....... Well, their over 20 years old. But they both run like new. I still can't believe the SP I rebuilt way back when still has 155ish on both cylinders.

Well the sad part is I got the XP rebuilt just in time to have the first flocks of Geese fly over head heading South for the winter. At least we will get out Grouse hunting on them before the snow hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back