Hello! First time PWC owner here

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayfaring

First time owner for me, although my wife used to race a 1996 XP in IJSBA Novice Runabout back in the day. She's had the itch to ride again, so we had been keeping an eye out for another '96 XP in good condition. This one is bone stock, right down to the gray Tempo fuel lines... for now. We've reached out to her old mechanic, at Watercraft Magic now, for some advice and I'll be replacing the fuel lines, fuel valve, and adding an inline fuel filter this weekend. After that, we'll probably go with new arrestors, primer kit, and rejet the stock carbs.

My wife had a lot of performance parts on her original XP, that aren't really available new anymore, so we'll eventually be looking for some used parts. It will be a rec ride for the time being, with the goal of getting it closer to her original as far as performance... over time.

We'll be keeping an eye out for some Beach House sponsons, UMI Racing Steering, Coffman pipe, R&D ride plate (wings) and maybe even some Buckshot carbs if she starts getting really serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back