hello all..new hear and have a few question on my new PWC

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mapa4135

Hello everyone...I am new here and yesterday just purchased my first PWC...it is 2006 seadoo rxt with 45 hours on the clock...

I have read that a lot about those dang SC washers....I really want to change them before the summer but I am on a super tight budget...I called the local seadoo dealer and they want about $1500 to rebuild the SC..to me that's just stupid expensive...I am mechanically inclined and have worked on plenty of cars doing repairs, maintenance, etc.. But not professionally just as a hobby...my question is, can they be done in my garage? Do I need any special tools to mount the metal washers on?

Again I have never owner a PWC before but have ridden plenty...ski and trailer are in awesome condition, just really worried about those washers breaking and flying through the engine..

Any suggestion or comments would be greatly appreciated!

-Paul

There are MUCH cheaper options...

A few here do it. I have seen the price listed 300 to 500.

Most mechanically inclined can do it but it requires some special tools.

You want to remove the ceramic washers NOW if they are still in there. If they fail you will also need your engine repaired and it could easily cost more than the 1500 dollars you mentioned above.

Others will chime in with details and options to you soon.

If you have ceramics in there get them replaced ASAP before they cost you a motor. Also you need to find a new dealer. I did my SC rebuild last season and my dealer charged me around $500

thank you for your input. I will be working on it in the next few weeks...any input/tips or any DIY videos to take out the supercharger?

PM me your email and I will send you a PDF file with step by step instructions and pictures on the removal process.

I am mechanically inclined and have worked on plenty of cars doing repairs, maintenance, etc..

As the others have said, do it yourself and save money. Here is the link to the supercharger rebuild kit. I'd get you a discount if I could, but there is no mark up on these since SeaDoo considers it a required item. There are a ton of threads on here that talk about how to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back