Hard cold start and low topend

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanDoo

Hi all, I have a 2000 gtx millenium, and bought it last year. it ran really good all year but find it is really hard to start first thing in the morning when it's cold. After it has it's initial start, it starts fine all day, whats wrong, timing?

The other item I noticed is that my top speed this first time out was on about 45-50mph, and that was working it. Last year I could do 63mph with good conditions. It comes out of the hole fine but just does not get the top end. I noticed a small crack in the rave selomoid, could that be the problem?

Yes that crack mgiht be it. You should check the raves to see if they need cleaning also. You might also want to check compression when its cold and again after its warmed up.

I agree with Jwalts start out with compression and go from there. My ski did the same thing but it was the carburators once rebuilt it now has got its top end back. So fuel flow could also be a reason check your in line filter and if is dirty you will have to check the 2 screens inside the carbs. Like my daddy use to always say spark, compression and fuel it should run. Timing usually is not an issue unless you get water in the carbs and you sheer a key. If you have a crack in one of your rave valves that would cause that too. one cylinder would be running leaner or richer causing a performance loss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back