GTX w/951 engine carb fuel line routing???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnzy

Ok, I got the carbs out and was replacing the fuel lines on the carbs. I figured I didn't need to take pictures since there was a general pic on here plus I have the service manual.

:confused:

Well several hours later and two different sources and I am still lost. I can post pics of the carbs if needed.

Any help is greatly appriciated.

Thanks,
Scott

There are 3 fuel hoses that go to the carbs. One comes from the PTO side of the motor. It goes to the very front of the carb. Looks like a curved down copper nipple. The other 2 come from the fuel tank and go to the black nipple on top and a copper nipple on the bottom. The one on the bottom is the larger of the 2 hoses. The one on top is smaller of the 2 hoses. I hope that helps. I don't have my ski handy right now to take some pics for you.

Slowboatn,

Thanks for the reply. Actually those are the only three that I think I am sure of.

The one side of the carb marked "Pulse" goes to the engine block. The larger one goes/comes from the fuel filter and the smaller one goes to the fuel return on the baffel.

I am not sure of the hoses that are on the carb itself.

I need to get this thing together today.

Thanks,
Scott

There are only 1 other hose on the carb and some little hoses. They go from the accelerator pump to a place on each carb. Oh there are 2 big lines. one on the bottom and one on the top. Then the little hoses. Hose nightmare on these.

must say i am having the same problem..... did not mean to hijack your thread....if you get this resolved.... please let me know and I will do the same..
Danny

Ok, so I took it to the local SeaDoo dealer. Don't ask me what I was thinking...

I took it there because they told me on the phone that one of thier techs could show me how to route the lines. I get there and all he could say was "I never saw carbs like this before." "Everything looks good, if not, just bring it in tomorrow for service."

1. I have taken it to this place in the past for service, this is why I am now doing this on my own.

2. See No. 1

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just outside getting mine to run again. I got it to run and run good. I'm confused about what hoses you are talking about. There are only 2 1/4" fuel hose on the top and bottom of the carbs. Then there is like some really small hose that comes from the accelerator pump to both carbs. Can you take some pictures of it and post them up? I can help you more if you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back