GTX mods

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

GTX-WAKE

Hey guys, just wondering if anyone knew what the differences between an 07 gtx wake edition and the rxt-x are? Im looking to mod my gtx wake so it at least keeps up with one of the x series but am unsure what the differences are.

Im hoping to keep it looking very very sneakily stock :reddevil:

Any help appreciated.

:)

GTX Wake verses the RXT...

For the most part (and I didn't go over the entire spec sheet), what seems to make them different, since they both use the 4-TEC engine with a displacement of 1493mm to the 3rd and the same bore is:
The Wake has a compression ratio of 10.6:1 and the RXT is 8.4:1.
The Wake is naturally aspirated, the RXT is supercharged.
There may be a few others, but this seems to be the trick pony in the power of the RXT.

........hmmmmmm

Then we'd need to go over your specs and determine "exactly" what you have. Because the manual list the GTX Wake as a fuel injected, naturally aspirated engine. The GTX SC and Limited are both superchared The SC has a compression stroke of 8.1:1 and the limited with a 8.4:1. One has an intercooler, one does not.
The spec sheets are a mile long. There may only be one small change that makes it different, like the bore of the throttle body or valve size....so, it's not normally significant, but enough to provide the extra ponies.
You need to determine if you have the WAKE model or one of the other two. I do see that the 2008 model offers the 215 SC version of the wake. Maybe you got one in the middle of split production. I have seen that happen before. But still the RXT is 255, yours 215. So if they share the same engine, something in the fuel, bore, compression stroke, piston design........or something internal is usually what makes them different. Not just something you can pop on yourself to find the equal power.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies guys. Ill try find some info in my owners book. Im aware that it will go beyond bolt on parts, but im willing to spend the time on the project. I think the puzzled looks will be worth it!

Jerking my chain

I went to the Sea-Doo web site looking for this spec sheet. I see you found it. That's the sheet I normally use for comparison.
But, now that you have that one, you can get the sheet on the RXP and compare.
In the manual, either I missed the spec sheet on the 215 supercharged or it was listed in a different way. On the sheet for the wake, it only listed as fuel injected, but the 215 SC wasn't listed to any specific model. So as I see the spec sheet that you sent, it shows that particular model wake for 2007 can be purchased with either engine.
But you have shown me that you have the ability to answer your own question.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sort of realised that myself aswell after finding the info on the site. I also discovered that wonderful oem parts finder tool! What a gem of information that one is!
Its also handy because i plan on using genuine seadoo parts- if not unrealistically $$$. That way the motor will be a genuine rxt-x version :)

Now to sort through the thousands of parts and get a quote.....

Good job!....

There are several places to shop online that a lot of the forums users go to. I myself use Babbitts online. They have been very quick to get my parts to me and I"ve been very happy with their prices. But I do have a variety bookmarked so that I may check the prices between them. Usually, money dictates who I choose...........
Good luck!

1 difference

I think that one of the biggest differences in performance between the GTX Wake and RXT-X is that the X has an external intercooler rather than an internal one. IMO

From what i can see on the breakdown you are correct about the external cooler. I see that they have different part numbers for the supercharger and pump assy on the x. Im guessing larger charger?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back