GTX 951 DI Fuel sliding tube - seal

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dsdirect

Anyone know where I can find either the sliding seal or sliding tube with seal for the fuel pick up housing for a 951 DI :

attachment.php
attachment.php

Are these pieces common in any other Sea Doo's as well? Looking at online pics of other fuel pickup assemblies it almost looks like they might be.

Thanks in advance, Dave

Ok as I have mention on a couple other threads, on the DI, RFI and 4 stroke skis Sea Doo only sold/sells the complete unit. There are no parts diagrams or individual parts sold for these pumps.
The only way that I know of procuring individual parts is to buy a donor pump and rob parts off of it, or purchase a new/used pump and replace the old one.
I own 4 DI skis and have never purchased a new pump. I have purchased only used pumps going through them cleaning, testing and replacing filters.
Although they have improved, I don’t subscribe to the aftermarket pump rebuild kits, because they either draw too much amperage or not enough pressure. JMO
I have a shelf full of aftermarket pumps that didn’t work. Others have had success with them but I personally haven’t.

I read on another thread someone used a peice of fuel hose as a replacement to the rubber in the top of sliding seal

I read on another thread someone used a peice of fuel hose as a replacement to the rubber in the top of sliding seal

You can if you want. You can fix it or fix it correctly.
I personally would fix it correctly so I don’t have problems later.
I have seen so many times where the owner gets frustrated and gives up because of temporary fixes. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back