GTR impeller knick - when to repair?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pgry75

Hi there

I’m new to this forum. I’ve had a Spark in the past and now have a 2021 GTR 230.

Last night I started the GTR in shallow water with some stones around (my mistake). It heard the 'mixing' and shut it down right away. I rocked it back and forth for a while before restarting it in deeper water. When I restarted it, I heard a stone shooting out the pump, and then it was fine. I rode it for another hour and then pulled it out on a buddy’s trailer and took some pics.

There is a knick on one of the leading impeller edges, but everything else seems fine. With a new machine, I'm a little picky right now. Should I be concerned? At what point is it worth pulling out the pump and filing the impeller edge?

I keep it on PWC port in the marina and I’d prefer not to take, or have, the pump taken apart unless it’s needed.

Attachments

• IMG_6690[1].JPG
    IMG_6690[1].JPG
    177.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6684[1].JPG
    IMG_6684[1].JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6675[1].JPG
    IMG_6675[1].JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
If it is not cavitating,,,then you are fine,,,stay out of shallow water starts and enjoy the summer before they lock us down again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back