Gti 155 jet pump stuck on ski

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bma1977

I'm trying to remove my jet pump and cant get it to budge at all. I removed the nozzle and reverse bucket easily. I took the 4 bolts off the studs to remove the pump but it dosent move. The ski is a 2010 and this is likely the first time the pump is being removed. It has about 110 hours on it.

Any suggestions?

I had one do that to me before. Was so stuck. I was parting out the ski, the Drive shaft was so rusted that the splines wouldn't let go from the prop. I ended up cutting the drive shaft and pulling it off that way. Then I removed the cone from the pump. I used a vice to hold the shaft so I could remove the prop from the pump itself. Then after doing that I took a Drift and hammer and was able to knock the shaft out of the prop. I am telling you all of this so maybe you can try just taking the pump cone off and use a Allen or a big Crescent wrench depending on your pump and unscrew the prop from the pump instead of cutting the drive shaft like I did. This would leave the prop still on the shaft but allow you to get the pump off. Also allowing you to maybe get some PB plaster at those splines to maybe tap the prop off.

Good LUCK

Lube the shaft spline before reassembling will aid in making it easier next time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back