GSX running rich

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gruntz

Hi

I have a '97 SeaDoo GSX (less than 200hrs) and the infrequent times I take it out lately, I notice it emits a lot white/blue smoke from the exhaust, more than it used to, which I assume it means it is running too rich?
When I have it on the trailer and run it with a hose connected to it, I notice that the water coming out of the exhaust is generally clear, until I rev the engine, and the water comes out a dark grey, almost black.

Does this sound like something I need to get checked out?

It sounds pretty normal to me I think your OK. You will get some oil seeping past the inner crank seals that causes a smoky start after sitting. A little smoke after that is just confirmation that your oil injection is working.

It sounds pretty normal to me I think your OK. You will get some oil seeping past the inner crank seals that causes a smoky start after sitting. A little smoke after that is just confirmation that your oil injection is working.

Thanks Matt. What about the blackish water coming out of the exhaust when revving the engine? Is that normal too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back