Grinding

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got engine out and you were RIGHT, oil drive gear had failed! $45 dollar plastic part failing means i need crankshaft (badly pitted), 5 and 6 pistons,one rod and a few other parts....BUMMMMER!

The pitted crank probably isn't from lack of oil. That's from rust because of improper winterizing.

But... a melted piston would be.

The new style gear isn't a "Thermal-plastic" like the old one. The new gear is a glass filled nylon. (much tougher) But it's not really the gear that is the problem. If the engine overheats... the pump shaft gets tight... and puts extra stress on the gear.

Finally... I had my crank rebuilt by a shop in Santa Ana. (CA) They are named Marine Crankshaft... and it was $450. They did a great job. They had to rebuild 3 of my journals, and the seal surface on both the top and bottom. That price is about half price of a new one.

214.jpg

I saw the bearing, it was fried. Also,mech says some particles got into large bearing behind it. Were going to replace it as well. i didnt ask if it comes with new shaft alr.

Here's my crank before and after. Look at #4. It's absolutely beat. After Marine Crank was done... it's was new and perfect. (But my #1 and #2 were pitted too)

The bottom pic is why my #4 journal was bad. :D

67.jpg

212.jpg

65.jpg

i think it is the same scenario on my speedster 2004 , on top starboard (#1)
but i can't figure out the reason
no oil alarm sounded , no over heat alarm too ,,,
just run fine with successful speed with about 3000RPM and suddenly get the grinding sound and bad RPM ... the point that i just remember that all spark plugs found all loos
i will try to remove the engine and to see what can be replaced.
wear ring in good condition and cooling water flow is OK
a post was placed in this event and i will find out what is going on at the thread submitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back