Greetings from Texas City, Texas

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bentgixxer

Hello everybody! Names Bryan, obviously from Texas City, Texas. I recently picked up a '94 Seadoo SPI from my boss at work. New to the forum, and jet ski's / Seadoo's as a whole. I bought mine from my boss understanding it had been sitting in his storage for 2 years.

Got it home, picked up a new battery and charged it. Couldn't get the ski to start. had battery power, and spark. just wouldn't fire. I've never touched a ski before this, but i used to work on cars, and shade tree on motorcycle's, so i figured i could manage. All the fuel lines were already replaced w/ inline filters. With the help of lurking on here, and the shop manual, i checked all the proper fuel line placements, checked the pulse line, checked fitting tightness, still no fuel flow / fire. So I'm looking around the engine bay and fuel cell area, and notice this black piece with fuel line running to and from it. i noticed that when the ski was turning over, i could feel air being pumped through it. Upon further inspection, i noticed there were threads on said piece. realized i had found what appeared to be a fuel filter pod with screen in the front dry storage earlier. So i put two and two together, installed said filter, and magic, running ski! lol. I flushed it per manual guidelines, as it had not been run in two years. Now I'm ready to get my tags, and go have some fun!!

I figured I would join up and say thanks for letting me lurk, and maybe sometime to give some positive input.

Here are some pics as well, ski is in pretty damn good condition, minus the fuel gauge and side mirror.

thanks again, Bryan

298.jpg

299.jpg

300.jpg

301.jpg

Welcome Bryan, ski looks good. It sure sounds like you got it goin on in the wrenchin department. You probably know that you can find our anything you want to know on here with pictures included. Enjoy your time here and especially on you bike. Pops from Austin, formerly Irving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back