Graphics and Seat Covers

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
I'd rather be beat with a 2" x 2" than install another seat cover on these jet skis. I hate it. I know I need a better stapler but just the thought of doing another seat cover irks me. No way can I install the cover on the 1999 GTX rear seat. NO WAY !!! It's a killa. I need an upholstery guy that is reasonable and reliable. I guess I need to get on that.
On the Graphics side, I need some reasonably priced graphics not the full blown total set for $200. I hear about PWC graphics but all I see is full kits. I'm a minimalist. LOL

Local sign shops can cut some patterns out for you in vinyl. It won't be the heavy duty multi-color stuff you get from PWCgraphics.

Gene, try exoticsigns.com, they list their graphics on Amazon also, at the time I think I paid $125 for the distorted bolt pattern like the 97' GTX has. It matched the original outline dimensions perfectly, you pick the colors and so forth. There's other seadoo decals available on ebay that I used, reasonable priced if you just want a few decals here and there. Also boatletteringtoyou.com is excellent to get the customized registration letters...

Upholstery is definitely a patience job, I understand, took me a while to prep and cover the 97' GTX. On the GSX resto project that seat is a disaster to prep, on those model skis the factory cover is glued to the foam, which presents a problem when pulling it off. I've now got patches of foam pulled out that I need to figure out how to fill in.

Last edited:
FOr the seats just do it on a hot day and get a Harbor Freight air stapler. It really isn't that bad with the correct tools and patience.

I am pretty sure PWC Graphics will sell individual ones if you don't want a complete set from him.

Miki, I can't get those corners to happen. The 96" SPX type seats were fairly easy and came out great. Too many bends on the rear seat and the extra material is very difficult for me to work with. I did the front seat and the handle bar pad on the 99GTX last night. I'm sure it would be nice to have proper tools. :)

Yes I 'd like to get some simple good looking graphics, close to stock in design. I just need something for the top part of the ski. :) I will contact them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back