Good fun this weekend

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

vilord

Only went out for a few hours, but had a great time! Boat ran good, still only hit 42 on the GPS, and it didn't jump out of the hole as quick as it should. I think the pump seal needs redone.

Also, on the way back to the marina we were playing around a bit trying out some power turns... when all of a sudden the engine started making a loud hissing noise and the power dropped out. Thought I'd picked up a tree or something in the pump so I pulled the lanyard.

I was thinking of calling for a tow, but tried starting again just to check, it sounded the same. I figured if the pump was blocked it wouldn't even start so I pulled the engine cover, only to find one of the spark plugs hanging by the wire next to the engine (melting its way into the fiberglass)! And oil spilling out of the hole it came from. :ack:

The plug was so hot I couldn't touch it, so I put in one of the spares and pulled it out of the boot with plyers. Put the wire on the replaced plug, fired up, runs like a top! :hurray:

I guess the vibration just walked it out. One more thing for me to check before pulling out in the morning :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back