Gauges stay on - 96 SPX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

k_dog345

Hey guys,

My VTS gauge and fuel gauge come on and stay on as soon as I plug in the battery. What could be the issue here?

I have the same issue, from my reading of old threads apparently the accessory relay in the MPEM can go bad and always keep the gauges on

I have the same issue, from my reading of old threads apparently the accessory relay in the MPEM can go bad and always keep the gauges on

Yeah, I've heard of this MPEM issue, and I hope it's not in need of replacement. My ski has sunk twice though.... upon closer inspection there are a lot of places in my wiring were butt connectors were used (and not waterproof!). Corrosion has occurred on my wires, some of them are pretty black.... hopefully replacing some of these wires will be my solution! I also get a feeling that perhaps my gauges have gone bad, but we'll see....

Too bad I often threw away the wiring harnesses when I scrap the skis. It would be hella-handy to have one to swap out when needed. What harness do you need?

So you think you need a new MPEM? You could cheat and put a switch on the gauges. :)

Can anyone point me to good/clear instructions on how to test all my wires/gauges with a multi-meter? I think I want to go through my whole ski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back