Gas gauge?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunterb

Hi all,
I have a 1997 GTX and the gas gauge always reads empty and the 'low fuel' warning is on all the time. I put up with it last year because I had a zillion other issues with the ski and just decided to live with the goofy gauge. I want to fix it this year though so I took the baffle out, put an ohm meter on it and tipped the baffle up and down and it does definitely change resistance from. 090 with the float at the bottom to basically no resistance with the float at the top. That is with the ohm meter set at 2k. I assume that's about right and indicates the baffle and float are doing what they should. The float is a black plastic/rubber thing with four small magnets in it, two on each side.
So..... if that is all working as it should what is the next thing to look for? I have not tested the float to see if if floats in gas. It does float in water.
I assume if I'm getting different resistance levels that it's not that F1 fuse I have read about, but I could be wrong.
If you have any suggestions as to what to look for next I'd appreciate hearing them.
Thanks in advance.

Bruce

Ok, update. I engaged my brain and out the float in a jar of gas and it immediately sank to the bottom so.... there's my problem! Now to locate a new float and get it shipped to Canada.

You can still get them from seadoo....
ENS. FLOTTE A *FUEL FLOAT KIT
MSRP: $13.49
Dealer Price: $11.47

You can still get them from seadoo....
ENS. FLOTTE A *FUEL FLOAT KIT
MSRP: $13.49
Dealer Price: $11.47
Cool. Thanks. I'll check our local Seadoo dealer but I have had no luck with them in the past. I found one on Amazon but it's $45.00.

Cool. Thanks. I'll check our local Seadoo dealer but I have had no luck with them in the past. I found one on Amazon but it's $45.00.
I have one on order from the local Seadoo dealer. They said there was no such part available when I first phoned them so I had to call back with the part number you sent me and then they were able to find it. $18.00 taxes in so that's reasonable.
Thanks for sending that part number!! It saved me a bunch of money.
Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back