Garmin 76... SUCKS!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

mattydipps

Just throwing out a venting thread here,

bought my garmin 76 specifically for the glove box door in my gtx since its the only one that will fit the indentation.

Needless to say.. 15 hours later on this "fully waterproof", "submergable" GPS there's water behind the screen and its no longer in working order.. I'm almost worried to buy another one, I really liked how it fit perfect in the glove box lid..

You guys think its a fluke?ive heard nothing but awesome things about this GPS

I bought it "used" off ebaybut it came in the factory packaging brand new with all the stickers on it.. I guess I could upgrade to the 76 color but it wasn't an expense I wanted to buy right now.. Very aggrarating to say the least

I bought it "used" off ebaybut it came in the factory packaging brand new with all the stickers on it.. I guess I could upgrade to the 76 color but it wasn't an expense I wanted to buy right now.. Very aggrarating to say the least

i owned one for about 8 months, but always kept it in the storage bin, just brought it out when I needed it. and it got damp many times, but never got "soaked". I thought as well that it was submersible. perhaps you can attempt a return but you might not get lucky.

can't hurt to email the company. don't rant, be very courteous. honey attracts more bees than vinegar.....hey, maybe that is why I got swarmed by those bees the other day, guess I shouldn't have covered myself with honey...

just a little update to this thread.. i have sent a couple emails out to garmin last night.. nothing in return yet..the gps was "registered" to another person so i dont know how well that is going to work out with me being the "owner"

but i was scouting ebay.. found a DEAL on a garmin 76 color.. it was 99 bucks buy it now.. ended up getting it for 80 bucks shipped.. i didnt want to spend the cash but for a 300 dollar piece for 80 bucks i couldnt say no so i threw it on the credit card..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back