Future purchase 03 GTX SC?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bell99man

I found an 03 GTX SC near me for $3500 that I may be able to get for $3250 and wondered if that seemed like a decent deal and are there any known issues with this model like the valves on later models? I know the SC needs to be checked out as the seller does not know its history. I'll drop a link to it from CL in a few minutes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

So when did seadoos start using better pumps? This is the cheapest running 4stroke I've seen here in 2 years. Should I look at 06 and newer?

Prices are regional. Around here that could sell for close to $4k if it had paperwork on the supercharger.

It's all about the supercharger on the one you posted. If he doesn't have any paperwork on when it was last rebuilt then 3200 is probably high because you'll have to pay to get it rebuilt before you even drive it.

'04 went with aluminum pumps. You can get one for that ski...just know that it'll eat into your initial cost.

Ride before you buy...especially a used sc 4tec.

a couple things stick out for me..

the ski was obviously stored on the water.. was it fresh water or salt water? if its salt water, I personally would stay away from it just because of the fact that it was ridden in salt water and then stored on a floating dock in salt water, most likely without being flushed or hosed off.

the second being the supercharger on that thing. if there is no paperwork i would offer in about a grand less then his asking, just to take into consideration the cost of a rebuild..

the third being that pump.. another reason why i said i would come in at a grand less then his asking price.. to take into consideration the cost of a newer one.

good luck with the purchase and let us know how you do !

The dock picture is on Smith Lake in north Alabama. He says he bought it to cannibalize parts for an RXT but discovered the two were not compatible. He also claims to have a stand up ski that he prefers and just wants to get his money back on this one. I had planned on going to his lake house for a test ride and to sort of verify some of his statements. It could be that he cooked the RXT from lack of maintenance and is afraid of the GTX now so he is trying to inload it but who really knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back