Fuse block replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptyspeedster

Anyone ever have trouble with their fuse block, or have replaced it?
I dont know what the previous owner did or did not do for this to happen, but none of the cabin lighting, horn, etc would work, and to my surprise after buying the boat, this is what I found, take a look:

60.jpg

Now, Im not sure if this is just a regular fuse block, that I can just transfer everything over to a basic fuse block. I would like any advise on this before I begin cutting and reharnessing. Here is a picture of a regular simple fuse block I bought in case it may be an option:

61.jpg

Check your grounds and switches first. My 98' Sportster 1800 I just bought. Had a bad bilge pump and the radio didn't work right. I had a bad ground for the radio and the pump was burnt out. I first thought I wasn't getting power to the raido, but I was just getting only 12v to the radio. Added a new ground from the battery and away I went. Get the manual and test some of the items first, might save you some cutting and splicing. Also check the bulbs for the lighting; those little bulbs aren't cheap and hard to find. 1/2 of mine were burnt out. I would test the horn also. You would be suprised what things people won't fix if it run and floats some people are just ok with it.

Also I don't see why you couldn't added a new fuse block that is marine/water proof. I just seems weird that all off the accessories don't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back