Fuel Pump???

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
My boat will not start, no longer hear the click click click when I turn the key on. Is this from the pump on the block? or the set up in the tank?

All help is much appreciated

Scott

on your engine... it's the pump on the side of the engine. But, it only pumps when you crank the engine. Not just "Key on." So... put a volt meter on the pump wires, and have someone crank the engine.

If you don't get any voltage... check the fuse, and relay mounted directly beside it.

Sorry for not getting back sooner, the forum response went to my spam ( I know I fixed that before). When the key is in the run position, I have power at the fuse, and I have power at the red wire after the relay. I do not get any reading for the blue/black wire. Have not tired it while cranking. I replaced the fuel (lift) pump but I'm still not getting fuel. I replaced the metal fuel filter with barb and clear plastic filter so I see its not getting fuel to the filter. I pulled the tube from the tank and it looked very clean, the screen was clean and transparent so I put it back in the tank. I suspect the relay, should be getting anything from the black wire at the relay??? only when the engine is cranking?

Thanks,
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back