Fuel issues

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mark_bert

Need some troubleshooting advice on a 1995 GTX

ski started bogging down at about half throttle.

I replaced all the fuel lines and pulled the carbs and cleaned the filters. There was a fair amount of crap in there.

Took it for a test run and it ran great for about 10 minutes or so and then died. Wouldn’t run past a fast idle or it would die.

I have two skis are the same year and model, I swapped carbs between skis to see if the issue followed the carbs.

Took it out tonight and same thing. Ran great for about 10 minutes and then died. This time it would not restart at all.The problem stayed with the ski and dod not follow the carbs.

it appears to be fuel delivery But I’m not sure where to start looking. I did already verify that the lines are run correctly and there is no difference between having the fuel select On or Res. I blew and drew on the top check valve and air goes in, does not come out. Checked the filter and its clear.

one more item. While I had things apart I made the fuse fix on the circuit board in the baffle to fix the fuel gauge. I cut about a 3/4” opening to access the fuse but I did not close it back up. It didn’t appear that it was needed since there is a vent right there anyway. Could that be the culprit?

any help is appreciated.
TIA

Try running the out line from the fuel baffle directly to the carb to eliminate a blocked fuel selector,.,just remove the reserve hose at the baffle, remove the out line at the fuel filter, and attach it to the hoseless reserve post on the baffle.

So the plot thickens a bit. I followed Popps advice and ran the fuel line directly from the tank to the carbs. Same symptoms. It ran great for maybe 10 minutes then crapped out. Wouldn’t start so I gave it a shot of starting fluid thinking if it started up, it would start pulling fuel again. No start at all shooting ether right into the throat of the carbs.

I pulled a plug to check spark and it was almost non existent. I’ve always thought of spark as something that’s either there or it’s not. Is it possible that something in the ignition system is heat sensitive that it works great when cold but then quickly dies out after warming up?

Yes, as the electrical components heat up the resistance can go up and cause issues when they are going bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back