FUEL GAUGE not workin?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

K-9Soldier

So I have a 96 XP with the 800 in it and fuel gauge stopped workin last summer. Was wondering what would be the best way to diagnose the problem? Is it usually the gauge or the sending unit and is there a way too test them? Thanks for any advice...

fuel gauge

mine did the same thing. it turned out to be the float was bad in the tank. the easy way to test is first test the gauge. there's a post on seadoo forums on how to test. if that checks out for you most likely its the float that seems to sink to the bottom or possibly the magnet falls off. got mine for 23.00 bucks on ebay.

i used a 9 volt batter and wraped a wire around each post and stuck the other ends into the plug. make sure what color wire come from the gauge. watch gauge for movement.

Just disconnect the wire harness for the gauge and jump to two leads with a short wire. push the start button with the lanyard off. if the needle moves it is something in the baffle, either the float itself (the magnets fell off) or there is a fuse that could of blown on the circuit board in the pickup.

the fuse is the "F1" fuse... as well there are threads on how to fix it.... mine needs a new float as of right now.. i know this because when i replaced me fuel lines i took the baffle outta tha tank for a day or so and when i put it back in the guage worked for a while.... slowly started goin down down down, float is fillin up with gas... oh boy what fun!!!

New to the hobby but after reading up on here last week, mine had the same problem and took the level gauge out of the tank and found out the magnets had fallen out of the float.

sweet should be a rather easy and cheap fix from there... i pulled a dumb one when i had mine out i was over zealous about gettin it runnin with the new fuel lines... so i poked it back in the tank and put every thing back togather... it fired up and run's good but now i gotta take it back out jus to put a friggen float in her.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back