Front ice box compartment hinge replacement

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

trexbob

Any suggestions on how to do this? Tried drilling old rivets out, which didn't work so well, then I just ended up drilling new holes next to the old rivets. Problem now is that I can't get the pop rivet tool anywhere near the rivet....the rivet tool will not come close to fitting through the access hole. How do you pop a rivet in without using the tool...I tried with no success. Did Seadoo have a special tool for these hinges?? I am at a loss here...

The hinge is fastened to the door with rivets, yes but it is fastened to the boat body with machine screws (part # 211000086) that go into a threaded aluminum plate that has been glassed into the rim. If you drilled out the "rivet" heads you actually removed the screws heads. If you drilled a hole over a bit you probably found some aluminum. I would try using a Dremel tool with an emery cut-off wheel to cut a horizontal slot in the screw shaft remaining and trying a small screwdriver to back the stud out. Yes you will cut into the glass a bit but it won't show or is easily repaired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back