Fox Valley Power Sports

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
I'm seeing a lot of recommendations for this shop. Any input on this company? I considered buying an engine from them several months ago but I just wasn't comfortable. I'm coming across recommendations on facebook and they are bragging about quick turn around time for engine rebuilds. I find that difficult to believe as well. LOL Thoughts?

Last edited:
I hear nothing but good things about Peter and how he runs his business. When my 787 decides to go he will be getting it.

I purchased a 717 from them 2 years ago (I think, I could figure the exact date if it is important). The engine filled up with oil last year With less than 10 hours (but out of warranty) total run time on it. I haven’t troubleshot which seal is bad, it still runs but I bought it to replace another working 717 with an oil leak. Ugggh. Not saying they are a bad company just disappointed.

I purchased a 717 from them 2 years ago (I think, I could figure the exact date if it is important). The engine filled up with oil last year With less than 10 hours (but out of warranty) total run time on it. I haven’t troubleshot which seal is bad, it still runs but I bought it to replace another working 717 with an oil leak. Ugggh. Not saying they are a bad company just disappointed.
I'm just curious about this company. I can't find much information about them. People bragging on them... I dunno. I just found some engine prices.... YIKEs !!!

I used Peter to rebuild my 951 carb a couple of months ago. He does have a fast turnaround time. Everything seems to be running fine now that I have it back in the boat. I think Peter only charged $1500 to do the rebuild, which included a new crank, seals, etc. I think the balance shaft was rebuilt though.

I was running out of time on my rebuild, so that's why I sent it to him. In the future, I'll rebuild it myself if needed. The shipping back and forth is expensive!

I was also looking at using Erickson Machine out of NJ, but he had a longer wait time. He has a Youtube channel, and seems to do really good work.

I'm just curious about this company. I can't find much information about them. People bragging on them... I dunno. I just found some engine prices.... YIKEs !!!
In my other thread I want to make sure it is a seal problem not something else…not sure if a leaking bad oil pump could cause the crankcase to fill up with oil.. if so I will advise. I don’t want to wrongly accuse anyone

Back