Flushing the Cooling System - Not coming out pee hole

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lars Gustafson

I have a 2001 Islandia Seadoo 22' boat. When I connect a garden hose to the flush out connector and attempt to flush, I do not see water coming out of the pee hole (water bypass outlet). I flushed the engine on land and saw the water come out from the grating area and exhast. What could be the cause of this? Could a hose be broken or does the system need to be blown out. Took the boat out the other day and dont remember seeing water coming out of the pee hole. If its not coming out of the pee hole will it fill up the bilge? Thanks in advance for your trouble shooting comments.
Lars Gustafson

On the Mercury M2, most of the time water will not come out of the tell-tale hole when flushing with a garden hose.

If water does not come out of the tell-tale hole when underway in the water, you may have a blockage in the line. Did the overheat alarm sound at all when you were boating? Also, if you were idling most of the time water may not come out as well.

If your not getting water from the tell tail while moving.. then you may have a blockage in the cooling system.. Try back flushing hold the hose tight against tell tail hole and let it back flush for a few and then try the normal way..

Thanks for your comments. I need to have another person look at the pee hole while underway. Thought it was strange as when I hooked up the garden hose last season i would see water come out the pee hole. Im going to have the yard take a look at the boat to make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back