Flushed exhaust with water on before starting engine!!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
(2022 GTR230 16hrs) welp…, I ran the water for about 30 seconds and then started the ski, then shut the ski off and ran water for about 15-30 seconds more, I did not ride it immediately after but I trailered it to the lake the next day and then rode it, started fine no issues, ran strong, ran it hard all memorial weekend, then a few days later I took it for a cruise and noticed it was lacking something, the pep was gone, even in sport I was only hitting 55 and it took longer than usual to climb to that speed, it has a low vibration/hum reminiscent of clogged intake grate. Thought it was all in my head so I went back the next day and same thing…I pulled it out of the water and checked intake, no clogs, there a few very minor knicks in the edge of the impeller blades and what I would imagine is some “normal” wear and tear marks on the wear ring surface. Another notable point is that very same morning I noticed the change in performance, my friend loaned me 5 gallons of gas that he said was approx 4 weeks old, I didn’t think much into it until I did my research on results of using bad gas, so that’s possibly a factor. What’s the chances of getting water in the intake during my pathetic flushing attempt and it having an effect a week later after running perfectly fine?? Am I over thinking the whole thing or should I be leaning more towards bad gas or another thing causing the power loss issue? Any help is greatly appreciated

If it ran fine after your incident, you are good. The risk with leaving the water on is that without exhaust back pressure, the water box can fill and eventually back up through the exhaust manifold and into a cyl with an open exhaust valve.

If that happend, your machine would most likely hydrolock on start and that would be it.

I am guessing you have bad gas. Fill it with good gas and see if you can run it out.

Back