Flag mounting options

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

TVKing

Does anyone have any cool ideas for mounting a skier down flag on a 1800 challenger?
New law here in Illionois, I am trying to figure a way to mount one and not having much luck. No tower
Thanks

I have been using a stick mounted flag with a suction cup for years. It works great on my speedster. We swivel the spotters chair and there is a grab handle right there and we put the stick thru the handle and stick the suction cup at the bottom. You could do the same thing.

http://www.overtons.com/modperl/pro...-New-Jersey-Triangular-Water-Ski-Flag&i=13745

148.jpg

I don't live in Illinois, but a "Skier Down" flag shouldn't be mounted. The spotter holds it up when the skier goes down.

(Or am I missing something?)

It is supposed to be visible at all times to warn boaters of skiers or tubers. I believe it either 2 or 3' above the highest point of the boat. Legally, I'm not a anywhere near that, but, it's better than nothing and I always get the wave from the water po-po. I also don't tow in the channel like most people, I find a remote location away from boaters and fishermen.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Illinois has a skewed view of what a skier down flag is. You have to have the flag up anytime you have a rope in the water or a person in the water including the actual time spent sking. My spotters would not be happy by the end of the day

Why would the spotters not be happy?

And let me clarify, I don't think PA requires a flag, but Jersey does and the Delaware river is the divider so I have to use one. I can't say "I'm not on the Jersey side".. Lol

I meant if they had to hold a flag the entire time someone was being pulled or in the water they would not be happy by the end of a full day of tubing, wakeboarding, and skiing

Lol, I thought you meant looking at it. I as going to say if they can't stand looking at it just put it behind you.

It is a smart thing to have. So many clueless people on the water not paying attention to what being pulled a boat. Anything to help alert another boater is a great idea.

Why would the spotters not be happy?

And let me clarify, I don't think PA requires a flag, but Jersey does and the Delaware river is the divider so I have to use one. I can't say "I'm not on the Jersey side".. Lol

Nope... PA doesn't need one. But, I grew up in SoCal, and would play in AZ. (Colorado river) And when we were stopped with a rope out (Generally, skier down) the flag was held up by the spotter. Once we started moving... the flag went down.

But... if it just needs to be up any time the rope is out... then you may be better off hitting an off-road, ATV, dirtbike shop. You can get lightweight whips that are 4' to 6' tall. (Need them in most sand dunes) It has a basic bolt mount, and it may be able to go in the rear eyelet.

That whip would be a cool idea, thanks for that suggestion

I picked up a 18x18 Orange flag from Farm & Fleet. It fit on my rear light pole
Pretty darn good. Stores with flag rolled in stock location
Thanks for the ideas
Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back