Fizzle Intercooler install on Seadoo boat

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone installed either the Fizzle Gen-X or F1000 intercooler on a seadoo boat (challenger 180 specifically). I haven’t been able to find anything online about how easy or hard it is to install and would like an idea before I shell out $700 for it. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. Just installed the Xcharger and fuel injectors this fall so I’m really looking forward to getting back on the water

Thanks

It's not that hard of a task if you're somewhat mechanically inclined. I've done it on my buddy's ski, but never a boat. I'd venture to guess it's pretty similar.

How are your mechanical skills?

It's pretty simple do you already have external intercoolers? FYI they come with two options from OEM internal and external. Both aren't too hard to upgrade. Adds 5 MPH. I'm gonna guess since you Upgraded to an x charger that yours are internal.

Last edited:
I put the F1000 on my 06 180. The ski kit fits on the 180 as far as the tubing goes. The kit calls for the removal of the exhaust resonator, but it you remove the baffle for the storage compartment the intercooler will sit on top of the resonator. How you secure it there is up to you haha. The supplied mount will not work of course if you do this, but if you remove the resonator as per the instructions it looks like the mount will work. I chose to keep the resonator as I don't want to make my boat any louder than it already is.

Have you ran yours yet with the X-Charger?? I have a 4" intake and the F1000, but haven't done the X-Charger yet. Some have reported the fuel consumption was extreme so I'm a little hesitant. I'm thinking of doing it this spring though.

The fuel consumption is not bad at all. It's only weirdos who say fuel fuel. It's a given that the faster you go the more fuel you consume. Conversely if you're not boosting then you're using the same as any other na or lower boosted ski

The fuel consumption is not bad at all. It's only weirdos who say fuel fuel. It's a given that the faster you go the more fuel you consume. Conversely if you're not boosting then you're using the same as any other na or lower boosted ski

Good to hear. I'm mostly concerned with fuel burn at 35-40 mph. I agreed it should be no more at that speed, but I thought the bigger injectors would possibly spray more fuel at any given rpm because the ECU doesn't know the size of the injectors. I admit I know next to nothing about how fuel injectors function.

Hey guys,

What's the deal on the rrfpr? Will I require one with an x-charger, 42's and a F1000? I'm at 1100' elevation. Reading in the ski forums it would appear the answer is yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back