Fast idol and spluttering

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

towsurfer

I have a 2004 gts4tec ( great machine) the last time i took it out it would idoi at 1800rpm and feel as though it was missing down low mainly. I had recently changed the battery and forgot to tighten the hose clamp 4 the air intake. I tightened the offending clamp and changed the spark plugs but it did not seem to make any difference. i am not that mechanically minded can someone please point me in the right direction.

Hi towsurfer.

Usually when engines are ideling high there can be a few reasons.

To much air. An easy way to find out if it's sucking air somewhere were it shouldn't is to buy a can of enginestarter and spray. It will rpm up when up when you find the "leak".

Another thing to look at are the cables/wires and throttle mechanics.. everything running smothly?

Hopefully it's as simple as that.

/Lars

I would check for any loose connections and all the hose clamps. How old is the fuel in the machine? It could be that it might be the old fuel if that is the case, and need fresh. The plugs should be NGK DCPR8E and gaped to .024in

Scubadoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back