fast idle

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to suggest the lock screw... but since you never mentioned making an adjustment... I figured it hadn't been touched.

Basically... you want to adjust it so the roller is JUST off the cam, above the mark. (line on the side) OR... (as you found) it can hold the throttle up.

As far as the screws in the pictures....

the screw in the middle of the pivot is the idle ignition. and the top bolt is the max ignition. If you adjust ed them at all... DO NOT run the engine, until you check, and set the timing again. Too much timing WILL burn a hole in the pistons.

Just a quick update. We've been fortunate enough to finally get some nice weather the past couple weekends, and have spent some time out on the lake. With the idle problem fixed, and the oil bypass complete, the boat is running great. It starts up, idles perfect, and I've been reaching 52-55 mph consistently. The kids are having a great time tubing, and we are just loving it. Hopefully the nice weather continues for a bit longer.
This winter I plan on adding Hydro-turf, a wake tower w/bimini, new gauges, and a new stereo system with amps, speakers, new head unit, remote controller, wake tower speakers, and a 2nd battery. Looking forward to it.
Thanks again to everyone for your help.
Rob

Glad it all worked out for you.

Boats are fun, when you don't pay someone $$$$ every time an issue comes up. (LOL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back