Fall shopping season

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

soccerdad

Well summer is not over yet, but around here there seems to be lots more skis coming on the market for better prices. People are looking in their back yards and seeing a ski that they have not got a chance to work on and sell them. I picked up a pair of 96 GTX skis today from two differnt people.

The first is really dirty, but it is a runner with a title. Compression is 155 on both cylinders. I got it started. Needs all the basics but should clean up nice. Good seat cover and hydoturf (although not great shape) Got it for $480. Ill post some pictures soon.

The second is a parts ski. Got a title, but dont think I will build it up. Way too rough. This motor also pumped 155 on both cylinders. The motor looks clean. Not sure if it was rebuilt or not. The first section of pipe is painted silver so it must have been worked on. Unfortunately he hit it with a boost box and fried the MPEM. But the pump, speedo pickup, motor and lots of other parts will come in very useful Got it for $275 So for $755 I got a pair of skis that should be a great addition to the fleet. A new GTX and lots of spares on hand.

I will try to do a restore thread. Not much on GTX restos on the site.

All the 96's are green afaik. It is a good family ski. And nice for rougher water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of, a guy listed a 97 xp needs rebuild tho was asking for way too much as a package deal, I asked him about just the xp and he said 700!!!! I told him 5 at best, you guys think 5 is still too much?

What are the rules wrt two-strokes in CA now? I thought they were banning them from all the lakes and waterways due to State EPA and oil/water contamination concerns...

Some are and they are heading that way, I look out my window to the Pacific Ocean though and I travel pretty extensively in my RV so I'm not concerned about that

660.jpg
661.jpg
662.jpg
663.jpg
a few pix. You can see how well the first ski was treated! The second was also on the ground but cleaner. Then pix of the fleet. Crazy. I could not spell seedo six months ago! The keeper ski has been washed twice and is starting to be clean enough to work on. Moved the mpem to the other ski and it fired right up. Checked all the raves and they all move fine. One motor has an aftermarket starter but it still works. So far so good.

What are the rules wrt two-strokes in CA now? I thought they were banning them from all the lakes and waterways due to State EPA and oil/water contamination concerns...

California is noted for the fruits and nuts, a significant number of which set up shop in city, county, state political enclaves. Each freshwater entity may be under the purview of any or all of the political fruitcakes ... ya gotta check each for latest rules. They are even encroaching on saltwater (bays and stuff) where they can get away with it. Unfortunately, some PWC-drivers have been such a-holes that have aggravated other water users, you have seen them.

Ya, I may be here but do not claim it (damn but I got pussified by the weather) ... home is still Alaska.

Am I allowed to flame (just a little) here?

Rod

Although I'm born a raised here I see the faults and sorry to say have little to no allegiance for this state. I do love where I live, there are not many places like Malibu, ca.
That said after my kids are out of school we may cash out and move somewhere else. My wife says I have red neck tendencies!!

Soccerdad,
My wife saw your fleet picture and thought she was seeing a reincarnation of our basement. LOL. I told her it was Seadoo's or Bar. So she puts up with the Seadoo's.

Davidgsx,
Just move on out here to Central North Carolina. We are always saying the famous last words of a redneck "Hey watch this Sh!t"

As David knows, I am a former Californian. I still consider myself a Californian, even though I have lived in NC for almost 20 years. Actually, I am a what used to be California. Back when it was actually a red state. I was a desert racer and had stickers on my truck that said "beautify the desert, plant a Sierra Clubber". They took away the deserts and mountain riding trails. I guess there were a group of destructive few that messed it up for all of us. Sounds like that is what is happening with the lakes as well. I am a hiker, camper, rider, paddler, skier (jet and snow). California is an amazing place, and I would love to live there again if it weren't for the people that live there. Anyway, lots of lakes here in NC, and as you can tell, I love my new hobby. Thankfully my wife likes them as well. As long as her minivan also gets garage space life is good.

Hilarious!!!! Dude I'll buy a house on your street, I can see it now you and me drinking beers and riding anything with a motor. Send me some listings!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
David,
Sounds like a plan. I will get you some listings

Mickirig1,
Yes we have used that saying also. Trouble is niether one usually turns out very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back