EZ Loader trailer bunk adjustment

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterlogged2

I have a 2008 RXPX, and was wondering what the proper bunk set up is for the trailer. It has never been adjusted and when I trailer, it dosen't ride right. Right now its sitting on the inside edge of the ride plate at back. It should be wider, but unsure what width it should be...inside or out side the strakes? Bunks are flat on the 2x4. Are there any pressure points to avoid when trailering? Can anyone give me proper measurements?...Thanx

To be honest, I have adjusted a couple dozen trailers bunks...it seems like just about every one I do is different ...just set the bunks so it rides level and in the correct angle so it settles where it should be when you pull it out of the water. I'm not trying to be difficult, here, but that is the best advise I can give you.

Karl

Thanks guys...just thought maybe there was a sweet spot on the sea doo that would carry its load better. Minimizing the stress on the hull. They're sitting on the ride plate right now, which obviously is quite narrow. Have to wait now for spring to adjust them. Read some where that they like to run them on the outside of a strake on a boat, just not sure if its the same with a doo.

It sucks the water gets hard here in Canada in winter...oh well, have to start working on the sled.

Thanks guys...just thought maybe there was a sweet spot on the sea doo that would carry its load better. Minimizing the stress on the hull. They're sitting on the ride plate right now, which obviously is quite narrow. Have to wait now for spring to adjust them. Read some where that they like to run them on the outside of a strake on a boat, just not sure if its the same with a doo.

It sucks the water gets hard here in Canada in winter...oh well, have to start working on the sled.

Not to be the new guy no it all, but I just finished reading the correct set up for your bunks, they are posted in your owners manual, its like from bunk to bunk 28 inches that the outside of the wood to outside of the wood bunks and 102 inches from the bow to the end of the wood bunk. page 120 or something in the owners manual.:)

Thanks SGT...who would have thought to go into the owners manual when you have the service manual at hand. Hahaha... again nice find.

I sold my Ski-Doo last Febuary when I found out I was moving south again. Man it just doesn't seem like the Holidays without snow, I'm going to miss not sleding this year and next year it will become unbearable. I wish I was rich enough to own land up north and down south.... I kept my snowmobile trailer with the salt shield in front, I'll bet these southerners wonder what the frick is that? I put two boards on the bed and haul my stand-up on it, works out great I just tie it to the ski holder. Some day I'd love to get up in Canada and do some sledding, I'll bet you can get away from everybody up there. When I used to trailer my sled to go, I went up in Upper Michigan near Lake Superiour, sometimes it gets pretty crowded up there. Anyway Happy Sledding:ack::ack::ack:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back