Expert on Utopia Fuel Tank?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

vigalass

Well, after replacing temp sensor, crank position sensor, verifying spark on all 6, new plugs, cutting lanyard saftey out, no luck. Still starts great cold, but then dies upon idling out of the no wake and won't restart.

I replaced the 2nd pump in the line. It made it run worse. Could not idle out of dock. Just as a was calling it quits to come home post this pig for sale for $ 3k, I pulled the lift pump fuel line and stuck it in a gas can. It was still chunky but then sort of cleared up. I tied the boat down and ran it under load in my slip. It ran and idled fine. So tomorrow I test on the lake with an external gas can.

So is there any experts on the seadoo utopia fuel tank? Is there access to it? Is it vented and perhaps the vent is clogged?

Here is the thing. I took the VST and 3 pumps out last week and they were clean as a whistle. Not a single cumb of dirt. I don't think i have dirt in the tank. Its some sort of pressure issue.

THanks guys.

There have been a few instances of fuel tank issues. There is a strainer on the bottom of the pickup tube.
The strainer breaks or otherwise fails and clogs the pickup tube.

Not too hard, tilt trailer bow down as far as possible. Remove the large hose clamps and work it out. Might need to remove small hoses, too.

There have been a few instances of fuel tank issues. There is a strainer on the bottom of the pickup tube.
The strainer breaks or otherwise fails and clogs the pickup tube.

Not too hard, tilt trailer bow down as far as possible. Remove the large hose clamps and work it out. Might need to remove small hoses, too.

Before you attack that, try feeding from a separate fuel tank.

yes. good advice. I did it today. No improvment. Still died out on me. My only recourse now is to replace the high pressure and lift pumps. After that, nothing in the motor is still used besides the block and rotating assembly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back