Exhaust Gas Temp Sensor Replacement

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

dothadoo

In searching the part number for the Bosch 0280130093 Coolant Temperature Sensor, I have found a few places that have them for around $10 on the net. The thing is that they do not offer any pictures to ensure that is exactly what I need. I have called my local Auto Parts places and they have another brand, Borg Warner, pt#: WT3069, which does have the picture and it looks pretty dang close to what I need, for around $25. This particular sensor is very generic and used on several types of cars too, come to find out.

Has anyone else tried another brand besides going through someone who sells Sea Doo parts only? The dealership wants about $80 and I believe I have seen somewhere on here where people have bought them for around $65 from Sea Doo Parts Warehouse or somewhere like that.

Here is the Advanced Auto Parts solution.
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...le-_-VALUE3-_-VALUE4&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=#

I just bought the Borg Warner, or Import Direct temp sensor today and it looks identical to the Bosch version with the exception to the inside of the plastic connector. The stock one has grooves on one side while the offbrand has grooves on one side. This however, should not effect how the connector should hook up. I will put it in this weekend and see how it works.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, so I had both the OEM gas temp sensor, $81 from the local dealer, and also decided to go to my local O'Reilly Auto Parts store and get the brand they carried. I ended up with an Import Direct brand, part number 17-1211 for $26. I replaced the old one, which was black, indicating it had gotten too hot, and replaced it with the Import Direct brand. I have to say that I was a little apprehensive, but after riding around slowly at first then WOT, no code came back up and all seems to be well for the moment. I was also able to return my original $81 OEM part back to the dealer with no questions asked. I hope this will help someone else out the next time they go to replace the exhaust gas temp sensor.

All the post of this thread is so good. If you want to do P0546 Exhaust Gas Temperature Sensor Circuit Malfunction then this code happens most often when you replace with catalytic-convert up pipe with a catless up pipe. The result is that the EGT sensor that goes in that pipe is exposed to a blast of flaming exhaust gas, and eventually burns out. Replace the bad EGT sensor, and the new one will probably burn out as well.

Mine was a result of starting the boat out of the water. I only ran it for about 10 secs or so, but apparently that was enough to fry it.

Thanks for the tip and for posting, I'll definitely keep it in the library in case I ever run into this same problem in the future!

I tried the same thing for my 2006 Seadoo GTI SE. Worked in the driveway with the water running. Will try it on the water later today/tomorrow.
If it works, what a cheap fix...less than $24 at Advance Auto.

Thanks!

Searched and searched and cant find any answers to this sensor swap. Any one verify if a autoparts sensor will work. A seadoo replacement is 80. And auto parts one is 10 to 15. Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back