Exhaust clogged, maybe?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Casey-2500

Hey guys I have a 95 hx that’s overheating. Blew all the lines and I replaced the wear ring. Its circulating water both on and off the trailer. I didn’t pay much attention when I first started working on it but the lower portion of the bent pipe that leads back to the muffler is black. I disconnected it from the muffler and it doesn’t seam clogged with anything. What could cause the exhaust to over heat like that and what are some ways to fix it?

When you run water thru it on the trailer, does water come out of the top air bleed (pisser)?

The only way the exhaust will overheat is if you have a blockage somewhere.
Here is your cooling system diagram.
SeaDoo 1995 Service_Shop Manual.jpg

I have blown out all the hoses and replaced the wear ring. I hooked a water hose up to the water inlet hose so it would circulate like it would in the water and everything worked fine but once In the water it overheats in 10 minutes. I’m wondering if there’s a restriction in the water jacket and it’s just not circulating enough water

Yep good steam from there as well. The only reason it makes me think exhaust is because about halfway down the pipe it turns from purple to black

A crazy thought, is the inlet hose from pump clear,? Is the pump sealed against the hull?

Ya that hose is clear I’ve actually hooked the water hose up to it and ran the jetski in the trailer with it just to see if its circulating correctly. I put a bead of silicone all the way around the pump housing. it’s possible that it didn’t get a good seal. I’ll pull it off again and try that first

Have you got the "engine water outlet hose" fitting on stern open?
Its normally closed, for flushing on hose. It has to be open to run
on water, or coolant circuit around temp sensor will be a no-flow
dead-end, and the sensor will trip.

I haven’t seen anything like that the water hose just screws in new to the pump and it’s an open hose that flows water out when it’s ru in the water

Oh ok I was about to say I hope it’s that simple. The only thing I can think of to do is take every part of the cooling system off. Hoses, exhaust, head, and see if anything is causing a restriction. Like I said it circulates water but I guess not enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back