Exactly How long is a Sportster 150 from front to back including trailer hitch?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

briang1621

I am looking to buy a 2005 Sportster 215HP (SCIC) and I need to know exactly how long it is on with the trailer to insure it fits in the garage?
Please anyone have a tape measure handy? Inches matter my rentals garage is tight.

Also the one I am looking at is a 2005 going for $8,300 without taxes is that a good price? It looks like it is in good condition, no idea of hours, but can find out.

Finally, any major problems with the SCIC engine, I have a two stroke wave runner and want to switch to 4 stroke.

Thanks a bunch!
Brian

I am looking to buy a 2005 Sportster 215HP (SCIC) and I need to know exactly how long it is on with the trailer to insure it fits in the garage?
Please anyone have a tape measure handy? Inches matter my rentals garage is tight.

Also the one I am looking at is a 2005 going for $8,300 without taxes is that a good price? It looks like it is in good condition, no idea of hours, but can find out.

Finally, any major problems with the SCIC engine, I have a two stroke wave runner and want to switch to 4 stroke.

Thanks a bunch!
Brian

As long as it's a regular sized garage then it will fit no problem!! I had a 2007 speedster 150 and it went into our garage without a problem. To be honest....$8,300 is a little overpriced in my opinion, if you waited until the end of summer beginning of fall you should be able to get it in the $6.5-7K range.

You need to find out the hours on it, the supercharger needs to be fully rebuilt before 100 hours and find out if the guy changed out the ceramic washers..if not that's something that needs to be done asap, that will be an extra $500-800 depending on who you get it done by.
Good luck

Hello Thor7000!
Thats for the reply , I found out it was 18 1/2' with trailer the house I am going to rent I think the garage is 18 1/2' too, it will be close but I may beable to angle it slightly.

On the price, I am in south Florida and I wanted something for the summer so I was thinking that overpaying a bit is ok, plus all the sportster I am seeing down here are 99 2 strokes or 2007 for 10K +, weird.

I will call up the shop and check the hours on the boat, they are a dealer so maybe they can promose some type of maintenance or repair but I am not sure how that works with used boats.

Is there any thing I should look for when I look at the boat other then general condition? I am going to go look at it tomorrow and I was wondering if there is any things I should look at on the engine, or bay. I do also own a jetski (GP1200R 2001) so I am not clueless.

Thanks again Thor
Brian Glassman

As long as it's a regular sized garage then it will fit no problem!! I had a 2007 speedster 150 and it went into our garage without a problem. To be honest....$8,300 is a little overpriced in my opinion, if you waited until the end of summer beginning of fall you should be able to get it in the $6.5-7K range.

You need to find out the hours on it, the supercharger needs to be fully rebuilt before 100 hours and find out if the guy changed out the ceramic washers..if not that's something that needs to be done asap, that will be an extra $500-800 depending on who you get it done by.
Good luck

It has 80 hours on it, and the shop selling it replaced the washers in the supercharger, he says it is ready to go for another 40 hours, then you need to change the spark-plugs, oil, filter, and whatever else. I think it is awesome, I am going to make sure it fits in the garage (by measuring the garage) then go pick it up.
Any tips on how to get the price down?
Thanks
Brian
P.S. after I get it, I am going to customize the crap out of it. For this I am so glad this forum is here, because a lot of people did a lot of custom work. Really neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back