eninge bogged down in 96 GTX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

grosenberg

I sucked up a rock into the impeller of my ski (actually a friend did it, but...). Took the exhaust grate off and removed the rock and noticed minor damage to the prop itself. Put it back together again and went out on the lake and it was running fine for about 30 minutes, left it for a while and went back to start it and the engine was bogged down. tHe ski always needed a couple of idle minutes when cold, then it was good to go, however now it is just choking big time, i can get it going about 3000 rpm and that is it. I have read a few different threads and am looking for some suggestions so far i think the following is in line:

check spark plugs
fuel filters
rave clean up (what does rave stand for?)
oil change

looking for any other suggestions? this is my first ski, any other suggestions would be appreciated, i would ratther try myself before giving in to the repair guys. it does seem to run OK when it is not in the water.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.:confused:

After further review, i found the pressure relief valve unattached to the body, spark plugs were oily after 3 months.

R.a.v.e.

Rotax Adjustable Variable Exhaust-----Quite an invention I might say as well.
As for your other stuff----quite a few variables to consider. I'll try to get back with a little more time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back