Engine won't start..... I need your help...2001 Seadoo Challenger 2000 with 2001 Mercury 240 M2 engine....

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rsatina2002

Please help me with my boat..... Engine won't start..... ECU was just rebuilt.... replaced port side temp sensor, change spark plugs, change water-fuel separator filter, mechanic check the compression- ok'd, ignition- ok', problem is fuel pump on "on" position, not pumping from the intermittent pump, check the voltage it is not going to 1.5 volts on negative port of fuel pump, bypass it with ground and fuel pump fires intermittently but no change in fuel pressure gauge on electronic fuel pump.... drained the vapor separator assembly and very minimal fuel there.... planning to buy the electronic fuel pump assembly and hoping it will run... I'm not sure what's wrong with this boat now.... my mechanic is flaking on me after I paid some repair money to him... I will do this myself as long as you help me do it... I need my family to ride this boat before summer ends... Thank you for your help...

We can help, we have all been there.
You gave a clue- minimal fuel in vst. Could be 2 problems. The lift pump not working properly. or inside the vst is a float valve just like an old carb.

The lift pump is the thump-thump you should hear when you turn on the key. Is it working? On the bottom of that pump is a filter, next to the rubber hose. Is it clogged?

Inside the vst- the float valve consists of a plastic float, needle, and seat. The needle is aluminum. The seat is brass. With the dissimilar metals and ethanol, they can corrode together and seize, blocking fuel flow.
Disassemble and clean. While you are there, check the filter on the bottom of pump. Careful-- it's kind of delicate. Once it's back together, check pressure at tire valve on top of vst. Should be 36psi. If 0psi, perhaps the wires got reversed.

You gave a clue- minimal fuel in vst. Could be 2 problems. The lift pump not working properly. or inside the vst is a float valve just like an old carb.

The lift pump is the thump-thump you should hear when you turn on the key. Is it working? On the bottom of that pump is a filter, next to the rubber hose. Is it clogged?

Inside the vst- the float valve consists of a plastic float, needle, and seat. The needle is aluminum. The seat is brass. With the dissimilar metals and ethanol, they can corrode together and seize, blocking fuel flow.
Disassemble and clean. While you are there, check the filter on the bottom of pump. Careful-- it's kind of delicate. Once it's back together, check pressure at tire valve on top of vst. Should be 36psi. If 0psi, perhaps the wires got reversed.
T

thanks Tim.... ill check and open the vst...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back