Engine overheating

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
They not that heavy
Require two people or one with a block and tackle

Two old spark plugs, break off insulation on top half weld two washers
Piece of chain and a pole , lift up and put a block of wood across the body to rest engine on

But there’s many ways to skin a cat
I do 99% of ski and boat work on my own

Use the Harbor Freight 20% off coupon.
That's my plan. If I did this, what do you think the time would be to actually pull the engine out? Approximately? I only have small windows of decent weather and want to jump on it if I have enough time

Once it’s out and of the mount plate it’s a hand carry
Although I lift 4tecs of my work bench onto the floor but I hate doing that

So, a local mechanic that I contacted a month ago just got back to me. He told me if 1 cylinder is reading 0 it'd probably need not just a top side rebuild but a whole rebuild. He said itd probably run $1500, and that's if I do it myself. Is that correct

pretty sure rebuilding it yourself would be cheaper, but if you wanted to send your core to sbt which is what a handful of people seem to do, it would be around 800 w/o shipping? with 1 year warranty

pretty sure rebuilding it yourself would be cheaper, but if you wanted to send your core to sbt which is what a handful of people seem to do, it would be around 800 w/o shipping? with 1 year warranty
Yeah, that's exactly what he said to do.
But, he offered me 2 2002 seadoo gtx 951 di's yay actually run for $3k. So I'm wondering if I should sell these (the other one works great) and move ahead with these new ones instead of putting more money into these carb machines

Last edited:
Yeah, that's exactly what he said to do.
But, he offered me 2 2002 seadoo gtx 951 di's yay actually run for $3k. So I'm wondering if I should sell these (the other one works great) and move ahead with these new ones instead of putting more money into these carb machines
I'd stick with ones you have, once you put the motor in your ski you're pretty much set for it to last another 20ish years.

New plugs and here's the result: you'll need sound

Could this all be due to my mixing screws being too far out?

As soon as I stop giving it throttle it goes to an immediate stop

You can here by the way the engine is turning over that there is no compression in one cylinder.

Chester

I just read this whole thread. Your accelerator pump is not working. Pull the carbs and fix the problem.

Chester
I pulled the carbs and put in a new Accelerator pump, then the engine lost compression in one cylinder. Right before though, it ran fine. It was very reactive, so I think the accelerator pump issue is fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back