Engine noise??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

97explorer717

Been a while since I posted or contributed. A hectic couple years. Wanted somebody's opinion about this racket. It's on a challenger I'm still fighting. A 800 making this noise doesn't matter being a ski or boat. Thinking I'm going to have to pull. Video absolutely does no justice as to how loud it is. No noise in the yard or under load. Any thoughts? Hopefully everyone is doing well!!

Could be a ring,,,a crank bearing,,,for starters,,,just do a compression test,,,that will lead you in the right direction.,,also, pull the pto rav and have a look at the piston.

Could be a ring,,,a crank bearing,,,for starters,,,just do a compression test,,,that will lead you in the right direction.,,also, pull the pto rav and have a look at the piston.
Interesting you bring up the rear rav. Had a small leak at the end of last season. Didn't think so much of it as it was time to replace the Bellow. Also no noise at the end of last season. Short time driven after unwinterizing out this weekend she leaked considerably. Not crazy but a definite enough to notice a increase. Hummm. I was more in the line of thinking should have got OEM bellows. Now. Bet I may ignored a more serious problem. Thanks for the response!

Bad exhaust leak???
Pull the plugs and spin it by hand. Do you feel anything weird? If so, bad. If not, look outside the engine. Like an exhaust leak. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back