Engine Judder :(

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

maximillian575

Hey all,

I've been a lurker on these forums for a while and learned a good amount and done a bunch of small fixes but now i'm in teh problem.

My Speedster 200 (430) turns on and drives around great with out any vibration upto 3000 rpm at which point I get a really nasty vibration through the entire boat from the starboard engine. Adding more throttle doesn't give me much more revs but rather a bit more vibration. When I cut off the throttle I get a really really nasty engine judder that feels like the engine is going to stall, a plume of white smoke comes up through the water from the exhaust and then it settles nicely to idle again. WTF! :ack:

Anyone with a sound idea on what this could be I would appreciate your input. Otherwise I have a Bahamian mechanic at 120 an hour -- for many many hours. Ghoo!

Best,
Max

Welcome to the seadoo forum Max. Have you looked in the jet pump of the vibrating engine? You might have a stick or other debris stuck in there...

Karl

Thanks for your reply....

The vibration is very similar to something I felt when i had a piece of tow rope stuck between the impeller and the tunnel wall but I gave it a look and all was clear... and when checking revs the judder kicks in at precisely 4000 rpm... more throttle doesn't give me a single extra rev!

Best,
M

Shudder

There's the possibility that your engine management system is sensing a problem and putting your engine into "LIMP MODE".
Any warning lites or beepers going off?
DAWG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back