Engine Floods after Stopping

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robjjo

Have a 1991 Seadoo GT which continually floods after the engine is switched off for more than about 10mins. After looking at the manual I am guessing the problem could be with the automatic shut off valve which is designed to prevent this exact thing from happening. Problem is the part number for the part is not listed in the manual and I can’t find it anywhere online. Any suggestions? Anybody had a similar issue? Have tried simply switching the fuel off before hitting the stop button but with mixed results.

Automatic shut off valve? If your ski is flooding after you shut the engine off you need to replace the needles and seats. You can test pop-off and holding pressure first thing just to be sure. Just rebuild the carb or carbs. Your engine will be happy.

Automatic shut off valve? If your ski is flooding after you shut the engine off you need to replace the needles and seats. You can test pop-off and holding pressure first thing just to be sure. Just rebuild the carb or carbs. Your engine will be happy.

Thanks for the feedback; turns out the part I was referring to is more commonly known as a vacuum fuel cut off switch. I was able to find something on Amazon which I fitted today and so far it seems to have solved the issue. Will take it out on the water tomorrow for a final confirmation. The carbs I had rebuilt about 6 months ago so was confident it was something else causing the issue.

Thanks for the feedback; turns out the part I was referring to is more commonly known as a vacuum fuel cut off switch. I was able to find something on Amazon which I fitted today and so far it seems to have solved the issue. Will take it out on the water tomorrow for a final confirmation. The carbs I had rebuilt about 6 months ago so was confident it was something else causing the issue.
If the engine is flooding after the engine is shut off the needles are leaking. You can shut off the fuel to the engine which my work to a degree but it takes only a small amount of fuel to get past the needles to flood the carb. If you ride the ski at low speed for a extended period and open the throttle skis with leaking needles will sputter before they take off. The have to burn off the excess fuel. If your solution works for you, good deal.

Do not band aid the issue.
If it is flooding then fix the issue or you are going to ruin something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back