Engine compatibility

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Markmummert

Does anyone know if you can swap engines from a 2004 GTX 155 wake to a 2006 155 GTX . Hopefully the wiring harnesses are the same

I looked the part numbers up for the wiring harnesses .There different part numbers .I guess i could swap everything over wiring harness ,etc

From memory a couple of sensor changes, different crank position sensor I think. I know 02 to 06 is different anyway. Minor changes in block and possibly the TOPS valve location. That all said, they most certainly will bolt into each others place but yes, you may need to swap harness and ECU

Wiring harnesses are not the same.

In theory, you can swap all years 4tec motors with one another. However, there are several critical things that must be observed and changed during the swap. There were a bunch of changes to the system in the 06 year like TOPS system, pick up coil position, crank position dowel, head oiling system, electronics, etc.

If you have a good complete 04 motor and putting into an 06, it is very straight forward. You will need to remove the pto housing and drill a 1/2" hole above the counter balance for the newer 06 TOPS system. This can be done without splitting the block and drilling through the hole in the CB gear but not really recommended although I have done it and it works fine. You will need to change the front oil pump assy from the 06 to the 04 for the TOPS as well. That's it.

I don't recommend swapping all electronics over. The biggest problem will be the gauge as you will need to swap the entire hood because the gauges are completely different and not interchangeable.

Overall, not a difficult swap but you need to know what you are doing. Would be much simpler if you used an 06 and newer motor where it is a simple drop in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back