engine check light

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

wolfie123

Just bought the seadoo spark 2 up second hand 30hrs only use first try in touring mode when hitting a wave put check engine light on reset same again tried in sport mode seemed fine for awhile then same thing happened engine check light came on wouldn't rev just cut out pulled key of put back on started fine ran spot on out the blue did it again check engine light it's under Warrenty but it's a 10 hour round trip to dealers can anyone advise what it could be if simple to sort save me a journal to dealers thanks inadvance

It can be like 100 things,,, These new skis have TONS of sensors and parameters. Does the screen display the Check Engine Code? If so, we need that to help you better.

Hey, new member here. I have a 2016 Spark 2up and mine just did the same thing . If it is the fuel sensor how do you reset ? Thanks

Hey, new member here. I have a 2016 Spark 2up and mine just did the same thing . If it is the fuel sensor how do you reset ? Thanks
Is it on permanently or comes on when you hit waves?

If it comes on when you hit waves there’s nothing you can do but change the sensor (if under warranty they will see it on their BUDS system and will replace it). Or leave it, this is actually fairly common on the sparks.

If it’s on permanently then you need to head to service - likely not a fuel sensor in this case, unless you’re seeing erratic fuel readings.

No it comes on soon as it cranks up . 1 long beep and noise goes away but check engine light still on. The ski still runs like normal while light is on . Thanks

It R
No it comes on soon as it cranks up . 1 long beep and noise goes away but check engine light still on. The ski still runs like normal while light is on . Thanks

eally could be anything in this case / if your fuel readings are accurate I doubt it’s fuel sensor. Likely something else - possibly exhaust temp sensor (also very common).

You won’t know until you go in for service

Update . My issue was a camshaft sensor . Very easy to replace . Part was 40 bucks online . After I replaced it cranked up and ran fine . The dealer will have to clear the code after install. What I did is had them read the code and cleared it at the same time . I didn’t put the key back in until the sensor was installed. After that it fired up like new. Hope this helps .

Update . My issue was a camshaft sensor . Very easy to replace . Part was 40 bucks online . After I replaced it cranked up and ran fine . The dealer will have to clear the code after install. What I did is had them read the code and cleared it at the same time . I didn’t put the key back in until the sensor was installed. After that it fired up like new. Hope this helps .

So, you were able to source the part AND install it yourself? That is freaking awesome! I wouldn’t even know where to start looking for that, let alone replacing it (or knowing where to find the part)!!!!! Pretty dang impressive ....!

Back