Engine Adaptor Gasket leaking!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
His point was he did the job that was asked for "replace gasket". BS if you ask me but I'm taking matters into my own hands.

He did say there was no warpage or corrosion, it was measured for warpage, cleaned, Permatex applied then gasket. I think he did not use enough Gasket Sealant since the original leaks were gone but others appeared in the same area.

I applied Gasket sealant around the entire gasket and then a coat of JB Weld. Not the best fix but if it works I'm going with it! If it does not then I will pull motor in spring like you said. Sunday morning it goes in the lake once all has cured.

Looking at the repair it should work (HA!) since I encapsulated the seam. I did this before on a car and it never leaked so I'm grasping I know but its August 23rd!!!!!

Sooooo.. applied Gasket Sealant around entire area of Expansion Chamber. Then a coat of JB Weld on top of that. NO LEAKS!!!!:hurray:

Ran it for 6 hours yesterday with no issues- I know its not the correct repair but if it holds, I'm going with it! I don't have an Engine Hoist and who really wants to pull an engine the last week of August?!

Dr. Honda, you Sir have been my hero this Summer!:thumbsup:

Your knowledge and time you put into answering our questions is awesome. I sincerely thank you for guiding me through (several LOL!) issues this Summer and you have tons of good Karma coming your way!

Sooooo.. applied Gasket Sealant around entire area of Expansion Chamber. Then a coat of JB Weld on top of that. NO LEAKS!!!!:hurray:

Was it leaking at the expansion chamber, or the adapter?

Regardless.... I'm glad it's not leaking, and you can fix it properly after the season is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back