Electrical Problems 2000 GTX Millenium Edition

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

duff3452

I recently bought a 2000 GTX millenium edition Sea doo, im having some electrical issues with it and need some help. when i put the key in the info screen doesnt come up, it will only come up when i click the start button but it will dissapear after a couple of seconds. Sometimes the info screen will stay lit up and i can start the engine but then the engine will turn off after a couple of seconds. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

I recently bought a 2000 GTX millenium edition Sea doo, im having some electrical issues with it and need some help. when i put the key in the info screen doesnt come up, it will only come up when i click the start button but it will dissapear after a couple of seconds. Sometimes the info screen will stay lit up and i can start the engine but then the engine will turn off after a couple of seconds. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks
You should wake the dash up .......info will display......insert DESS key it should beep twice then you can start the jetski....If you don't start it or it doesn't beep twice the info will disappear....as long as you get two beeps and ot starts everything is ok.

The jetski beeps twice sometimes but recently it just beeps once and won’t let me start it and sometimes when I put the key in it doesn’t even beep

You should wake the dash up .......info will display......insert DESS key it should beep twice then you can start the jetski....If you don't start it or it doesn't beep twice the info will disappear....as long as you get two beeps and ot starts everything is ok.
Then do you know why it shuts of straight away after the engine starts up

Ahhh........that's a different problem! I Don't know the answer.......I would suggest maybe look at fuel issue?

Could be fuel or electrical. I don't know the condition of the ski because no pictures were provided but if it has the original gray fuel lines it could very well be fuel related.

1553126355070-png.39602

If it is, I ordered the 25ft spool of 1/4 automotive fuel line off of amazon. Cost my 20 (22 with tax) to have it shipped to my front door. Along with oem mikuni carb rebuild kit.

This is all what if, but here is a good rebuild guide for the carburetors if it happens to be fuel related.
The Seadoo Carb Rebuild Thread

It sounds like your DESS key or post is going.try cleaning the contacts with an eraser.

If not, get another DESS key and see if it beeps consistently.

With key off post, hit the start button, gauge should power up for about 30 seconds and shut off. If you are only having issues when the key is on the post, try cleaning contacts on the key and post. Also check and clean the plug-in connection of post. If problem continues, replace the post

Last edited:
With key off post, hit the start button, gauge should power up for about 30 seconds and shut off. If you are only having issues when the key is on the post, try cleaning contacts on the key and post. If problem continues, replace the post

I'm glad I don't have to deal with that lol. my 96 hx the post just looks like a dess post no dess system to mess with.

The MPEM isn't recognizing the lanyard/key. You can try cleaning the contacts on the post and the key but it is typically the DESS post form what you are describing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back