Electric Fuel Pressure Gauge

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

shwing2345

Has anyone installed an Electric Fuel Pressure Gauge? I have an 06 RXT 215 and would like to monitor the fuel pressure. I have an inline Harbor Freight fuel pressure gauge, but I feel uncomfortable that the line is on top of the battery and if it were to leak, it could cause fire. Does anyone discourage permanent inline fuel gauges? An electric fuel pressure gauge would be much safer. Is there a DIY anywhere? Where would I tap for power source?

Almost as easy to install an electric as it is for an analog. You need to install the same Tee fitting for both. You just need 12v, but from where I'll leave to others. Be sure to install a fuse. I'm installing a permanent mount analog gauge. I'll remove the fitting for the Schrader valve that I've been using for my current gauge and will install a 2" gauge in it's place. It's not as easy to find a gauge that goes over 100 psi, but there's a few.
We'll see how accurate this cheapo one is. I'll probably be throwing it on today.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RHJ65PG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Almost as easy to install an electric as it is for an analog. You need to install the same Tee fitting for both. You just need 12v, but from where I'll leave to others. Be sure to install a fuse. I'm installing a permanent mount analog gauge. I'll remove the fitting for the Schrader valve that I've been using for my current gauge and will install a 2" gauge in it's place. It's not as easy to find a gauge that goes over 100 psi, but there's a few.
We'll see how accurate this cheapo one is. I'll probably be throwing it on today.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RHJ65PG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Are you concerned about leaks at all of mounting this in the engine area? I'm just nervous that fuel can leak onto the battery and cause fire. The T-fitting I have installed has 1/4" barbs, but the fuel line is 3/8". Will this restrict flow and affect performance?

Are you concerned about leaks at all of mounting this in the engine area? I'm just nervous that fuel can leak onto the battery and cause fire. The T-fitting I have installed has 1/4" barbs, but the fuel line is 3/8". Will this restrict flow and affect performance?
I have mine mounted above my fuel tank towards the front of the machine. I'm not worried about leaking because I installed the Tee fitting well and it will be zip tied in place so it doesn't bounce around.
Yes, 1/4" would restrict flow over 3/8". I would change your fitting to the correct one for the line if it were me. Helps keep it in place also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back