Drying out cooling loop. 2019 RXT

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere, don’t remember where, that there may be a benefit to low PSI through the cooling loop after use for the purpose of drying out the loop. Is this for the anal retentive or is there a real benefit to doing this? If beneficial, what psi would you imagine is safe? I cannot remember what I read or where I read it.

If that isn’t a complete waste of time, I was envisioning an air mattress pump on a timer, maybe. Plenty of other things to occupy myself with if there is no benefit to that.

Thanks for any insight.

Think he is talking about the Exhaust cooling system
The muffler always holds water after shut down and by having airflow going through it would remove the water and moisture
I would think it would be days not hours to remove the water

Think he is talking about the Exhaust cooling system
The muffler always holds water after shut down and by having airflow going through it would remove the water and moisture
I would think it would be days not hours to remove the water

Yeah, that is what I was talking about, read a thread somewhere and didn’t know what the point would be. By the time it dried, I would get it wet again. I’ll ride more and troubleshoot less.

Just start the ski for about 10 secs the day after bleep the throttle to expel more water

The engine has been designed to have the valves relatively closed when shut down

LOL! I know you're talking about the exhaust cooling system. Your first post mentioned lowering the pressure (PSI) going to the exhaust cooling system. If you do this, it will overheat. I now understand you want to blow out the cooling system with AIR PRESSURE. 2 key missing words.
Yes, this will help clear out the manifold and the inter-cooler but not the waterbox. The best way is to just run some RV antifreeze through it.

Chester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back